- What gets you in a good mood, besides music
Amsterdam and Lisbon –
and a dog named
- What is an insult to your ears?
Musical nuisances of which unfortunately, there are
too many – however, it is completely independent
any particular style.
- What does silence mean to you?
Relaxation and enjoyment
- What is the nicest compliment
you have ever received as an artist?
»At your concert, I have forgotten the rest of the
- If you had not become famous as a pianist and
»piano trainer«, what would you have become instead?
- What was your musical big bang?
Actually, there was none. My grandmother on my
father's side gave me a piano as a present when I
was 7 years old. From then on, the fascination was
instilled and everything took its course naturally.
- What colour does music have for you?
Any feasible one.
- What would be the ideal audience for you?
Educated, free, spontaneous, unbiased and
always open for new things.
- A piano only has 88 keys – and yet it is
an infinite cosmos.
What does this instrument mean to you?
It is my best friend. I share everything
- What are your favourite CDs?
Classical music: W. A. Mozart – »The Gulda Mozart Tapes«
Jazz: Tord Gustavsen Trio – »Being there«
Pop: Sting – »Nada como el sol«
- Your motto?
»There is no end to learning«