11 questions to Detlev Bender
- What, apart from music, puts you in a good mood?
The Hague, Lisbon, Berlin. And a dog named
- What do you find insulting to your ears?
Music intolarability and unprofessionalism, of which there is unfortunately too much.
However, this has nothing to do with certain styles.
- What does silence mean to you?
- The nicest compliment you have ever received as an artist?
»In your concert I forgot all my worries and the rest of the world!«
- If you had not become a pianist and a »piano coach«,
what would you have become?
- What was your musical big bang?
There wasn't really one. My paternal grandmother gave me a piano when I was 7 years old.
The fascination was born then and everything else took its course.
- What color does music have for you?
Every color imaginable.
- What would be the ideal audience for you?
Educated, free, spontaneous, and always open minded.
- A piano has only 88 keys, and yet, it is an infinite cosmos.
What does this instrument mean to you?
My best friend – with him, with her, I share everything.
- Your favorite CDs?
Classical music: W. A. Mozart – »The Gulda Mozart Tapes«
Jazz: Tord Gustavsen Trio – »Being There«
Pop: Sting – »Brand New Day«
- Your motto?
»There is no end to learning« (Robert Schumann)